Wednesday, May 14

Recipe Round Up

So, with everything else going on the last couple months, I've largely been relying on old standby recipes - the kind that are quick and easy to throw together without a lot of time or thought.

I've tried to sneak a few new things in here and there, though, and here are the ones that turned out to be keepers:
 
Chocolate Drizzled Coconut Shortbread Cookie Sticks - These were super easy and low-fuss to make and came out the best of any shortbread recipe I've tried. I made my own ganache to drizzle on top, but otherwise made as directed. Yum!

Homemade Soft Pretzels - Excellent and easy soft pretzel recipe. Serve hot with a little mustard (or straight up with salt) for an indulgent and filling lunch. 

Spaetzle - Homemade spaetzle is either an easy, delectable treat or a debacle of epic proportions. To make sure you get the former and avoid the latter, use this excellent recipe and a real spaetzle maker... it's only $10 and worth it's weight in gold in saved time, mess, and frustration!

Chicken, Broccoli, & Quinoa Casserole - I did not follow the directions on this at all. I tossed everything in my rice steamer and let it cook, then folded it all together with a quick and easy veloute sauce (just like cream sauce, only half milk & half chicken stock) and sprinkled a little cheese on top. Freezes well, tastes amazing = new favorite around here!

Roasted red pepper & goat
cheese alfredo (photo from Sweet
Treats & Healthy Eats Blog)
Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole - I piled all of the yummy goodness called for by this recipe on top of rice to get twice as much out of it, and it was easy and awesome! 

Sausage & Kale Stuffed Shells - A nutrient packed twist on an old favorite, these were highly enjoyable.

Ham, Peas, & Creamy Noodles - Pretty sure I've made this with a different vegetable every time depending on what I had on hand, but it's cheap and delectable and has worked equally well no matter the veggie was. 

Roasted Red Pepper & Goat Cheese Alfredo - This was fast (and healthy) to make, but tasted so decadent! It had a rich tang, and was very filling - definitely a keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment