Thursday, October 8

Quick Recipes Roundup

With as busy as the last couple months have been, I haven't done much in the way of experimental cooking. I've mostly relied an old stand-bys, or simple one-dish meals based on whatever CSA produce needs to get used up first. I have had cause to pull out a few new recipes, though, and thought I'd share.
Photo Credit

Tomato, Onion & Cucumber Salad
A friend introduced us to this, and my husband loves it. It's a fantastic way to use up that one random cucumber we always seem to get in our CSA!

Zucchini Fritters
I am incapable of making these properly stick together in lovely fritter shapes, but they are quite healthy and taste great... even when served in what I euphemistically call "explosion style"... aka piled on a plate! 

Pan Fried Sardines
From the Well Fed 2 cookbook, these are fast and amazing. I can never keep the sardines together, and they usually end up being little chunks rather than whole, but they are the epitome of comfort food. I like to throw them over garlicky sauteed kale, but they'd go well with just about anything. Since sardines are shelf-stable and relatively inexpensive, this has become one of my always-on-hand back-up meals.

Paleo Maple Carrot Cake
I confess to being terribly skeptical when I saw the book My Paleo Patisserie, but this recipe made me a total convert! I'm not doing wheat these days, but wanted to be able to eat the birthday cake I was making - and this was perfect! It uses only almond flour, and was much faster to put together than it looked like it would be! Tip: if you don't have the six inch cake pans called for, just make this in two regular 9 inch rounds or as cupcakes!

What's cooking in your kitchen?

No comments:

Post a Comment